Unfortunately, male factor infertility often gets overlooked since conventional treatment defaults to Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) typically used in an IVF lab. But it is important that the man does everything possible to improve his sperm. There are many non-invasive treatments he can do improve the chances of having a baby.
- It takes 72 to 90 days for sperm to mature
- Sperm is affected by environmental toxins
- Specific supplements have been proven to improve sperm parameters
- Acupuncture and herbal prescriptions have been used for thousands of years to improve both male and female fertility.
- Sperm is affected by stress
- Sperm is affected by heat. How many of you men get so hot at night, you sleep with very light covers and find yourself sticking your feet out from under the covers? In Chinese Medicine, we call that Yin-Fire, and it is affecting your sperm.
- These treatments will help ensure that you have the building blocks needed for healthy sperm which will benefit your future child’s health blueprint.
- Acupuncture needles are never inserted into the genitals. The needles are instead painlessly inserted into acupuncture points in various other parts of the body.
East Winds Acupuncture has developed a program that can improve your fertility using acupuncture and herbal prescriptions tailored to your specific needs. In addition, we spend time teaching you how to avoid environmental toxins and make simple lifestyle changes that will give you a better chance of creating a healthy baby. We specialize in working in combination with your Fertility specialist.
Chinese Medicine treats the underlying health problem that may be affecting sperm count, morphology and motility as well as correcting imbalances that may lead to serious diseases.
Published research by Dr. Paul Turek (an expert in Male Fertility and Sexual health) states:
“There is a growing body of evidence that infertility in men may signal a higher risk for aggressive prostate cancer.”
“In conjunction with ART, or even for reaching natural fertility potential, acupuncture treatments are a simple, non-invasive method that can improve sperm quality.”
(Dr. Jian Pei, Fertility and Sterility 2005)
Recent studies have shown that acupuncture can effectively:
- Increase sperm production
- Increase the percentage of healthy sperm
- Improve sperm movement (motility)
- Improve the levels of hormones responsible for fertility
- Increase the rate of pregnancy when used in conjunction with your fertility treatment.
Male Fertility & Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture
Traditional Chinese medicine treats the whole person, and can often resolve male factor infertility quickly, safely and effectively. If you and your partner are trying naturally, or are undergoing assisted reproductive technologies (ART) such as intrauterine insemination (IUI), Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICI), it is important to ensure any male factor is treated to give you a better chance of creating a family. At EWA, our goal is Optimal Fertilization!
What’s involved in the TCM treatment of male fertility disorders?
You will have a two-hour initial visit which includes detailed health history plus your first acupuncture treatment. Generally speaking, I like to see you once per week, and I will be making other recommendations based on your specific imbalance.
Thin disposable sterile acupuncture needles are placed in your abdomen, low belly (no “LOCAL” acupuncture points are needed) arms and legs. Once they are in place you will rest for 30-40 minutes. My patients lovingly call this their “Needle Nap.”
East Winds Acupuncture has found and reviewed relevant scientific studies on the treatment of male factor infertility with acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. Dr. Diane and Dr. Magarelli have published research on combining acupuncture and IVF to create more take home babies. Please review the most up to date worldwide research on our website.
We look forward to helping you on your journey.
To schedule your appointment call us at 719-520-5056 today!